Sunday, October 2, 2011

Jamie

I finally have my laptop and can now upload pictures! A whole new (and potentially exciting) way to share my adventure.  This is me sitting in front of my balcony here in PB.  The office is in the background.  The commute time is pretty good!

Winnipeg was great last week.  Thanks to all my friends, family and co-workers for keeping me entertained! A definite highlight was getting to attend Ashley & Mat's wedding where I was even lucky enough to catch the bouquet.  Ashley didn't really give me a choice as she hit me with it!

Some hits and misses this week in my life as an immigrant.  Somehow I have managed to turn a load of laundry into a very unattractive beige colour using the washer/dryer (affectionately renamed the "wrinkler" as that is what it is truly efficient at). I'm not sure if this is the detergent, fabric softener, machine, or operator.  I've been washing my own clothes for 23 years and this is definitely the first time I've gotten these results! What I wouldn't give for a bottle of Tide and some Downy! On the up side, last night I met a friend in London for dinner and we managed to get a table at Jamie Oliver's restaurant near Covent Garden.  How cool is that? I had an English Lamb dish which contained a bunch of parts of a lamb that I have never eaten (heart anyone?) but was thoroughly delicious!

I'm on the countdown to my flat now.  Only 3 more weeks until I get to move into a permanent home in an exciting neighbourhood.  The corporate flat is fine but it is limbo. I'm trying to think of it as just two more weekends.

No comments:

Post a Comment